Terms of Reference
To act as a special interest group to support the strategic case for improvements on the A47 corridor between the port at Great Yarmouth and the A1.
The A47 Alliance shall support the transport authorities along the route, the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP. It shall achieve its objective by:
- Developing clear evidence-based advice and business cases to support the strategic case or as requested by the LEPs or transport authorities
- Co-ordinating support of local interests along the route, to assist in providing evidence or other help to support advocacy
- Commissioning Task and Finish groups where necessary to take forward work to support the agreed priorities
- Forming strategic alliances along the A47 between the A1 and Great Yarmouth including other LEPs, local authorities, communities and other advocacy groups on the route.
The A47 Alliance shall comprise:
- A wider Alliance including elected representatives, local authorities, local enterprise partnerships, business interests, communities and others along the route
- A Steering Group made up from invited representatives of the wider Alliance
- County, district, unitary members
- County, district, unitary officers
- MP representative
- MEP representative
- LEPs representative
- Business representatives
- The role of the steering group will be to co-ordinate work of the Alliance
- The Highways Agency, as government agents for the trunk road, shall be invited to attend meetings of the steering group
- The chairperson and vice-chairperson of the Alliance shall be elected by the Steering Group. In the event that the Alliance cannot reach consensus on an issue the chairperson shall be responsible for deciding on the course of action.
Secretariat support will be provided by Norfolk County Council.
Frequency of meetings:
- The Steering Group will normally meet every six months
- The wider Alliance shall not normally meet.